Monday 31 March 2014

The fruit and veg

Dear Chummy,

I'm just on my way to work right now, waiting for the train and I heard an interesting story on the news (well i think its interesting). Apparently now they believe that 5 portions of fruit and veg a day just isn't enough and its actually better (at preventing heart disease and cancer) to eat 7 portions of fruit and veg each day.
I'm not sure about you but personally I don't think I could manage to eat 7 portions a day?! I barely manage 5 and I'm trying to eat healthily. I mean, really, how would people manage that, every day?

I'd be interested to see if I could do it, just for a week. I'd have to have 1 portion at breakfast, 2 or 3 at lunch and 2 or 3 for tea and then top up with snacks through the day if I couldn't fit them into the meals.

The newsreader was saying she thought it would be quite expensive too, there was a health expert woman who was saying "well a lot of fruit and veg is very affordable" Really love? Which supermarkets do you shop in and how much do you earn?! Try earning minimum wage or less and then tell me that its affordable.

Anyway thats my thought for the day, could I possibly manage to eat 7 portions of fruit and veg every day for 7 days? What do you think? Could you do it?

Ciao Chummy

No comments:

Post a Comment