Tuesday 1 April 2014

The holiday

Dear Chummy
How are you today? I hope you have a good day.

I've been thinking about holidays a lot recently. I really want to go away somewhere warm.
I know I've got stuff to look forward to this year, what with Summer in the City in August and Centre Parcs in December but I am still yearning for a trip abroad - packing a suitcase, going on a plane, going somewhere warm and all that stuff.

I'm jealous that you've got a holiday booked, though I know I'm way too old and boring for a week in Magaluf / Megafluff / shagascruff.

I keep thinking about Turkey and how nice the hotel was and I visualise myself just walking around the pool, in one of your floaty dresses that I borrowed, feeling the warm tiles under my feet, grabbing a fanta from the pool bar, sitting on a lounger in the sun reading a good book with my lovely hubby laid next to me and occasionally getting up to eat at the massive buffet (mostly pasta and bread as you can imagine). Ohhhh it was so lovely. Can I go back?

Going away in the UK just isn't the same as being abroad somewhere. I know I've always said that I'd choose Center Parcs over anywhere else in the world but now I think I just want some sun. Especially today as I make my way to work in the dreary, foggy, grey UK weather.

Ciao for now Chummy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment